2 component epoxy resin – also known as 2K epoxy resin – forms the base of many floor solutions. In fact, our epoxies are always a 2-component binder system, consisting of a resin and a hardener. This combination is an excellent base for both transparent and colored epoxy systems for floors and walls. It is therefore not surprising that this resin is known world-wide as an all-rounder. In this article you can read what role 2 components epoxy resins play within epoxy systems.
Use of 2 component epoxy resin
The fact that 2-component epoxy resins are versatile is demonstrated by their extensive use within flooring systems. They act as:
- Transparent sealing or protection of the underlying layer;
- Pouring mortar under (heavy) structures and / or machines. The epoxy resin here acts as a finishing layer for the supporting structure and strengthens the substrate;
- Component for gluing or repair work;
- Binder for all types of resin floors.
The base of many floor systems
There can be no doubt that 2 component epoxy resin forms the base of many coatings, sealers and flooring systems. An overview of the options:
- Coatings and sealers based on 2 component epoxy resin:
- 100% solid epoxy coating in color;
- Waterborne epoxy coating in color;
- Waterborne epoxy coating for floor and wall;
- Waterborne epoxy coating for lines and marking;
- Waterborne epoxy coating with a transparent matte finish;
- Transparent epoxy sealer.
- Flooring systems based on 2 component epoxy resin:
- Epoxy trowel floor;
- 2-component epoxy self-leveling floor;
- Flexible 2-component epoxy self-leveling floor;
- Conductive 2-component epoxy self-leveling floor (ESD-floor);
- Epoxy broadcast floor with natural or colored quartz sand.
Advantages 2 component epoxy resin from HIM
The 2-component epoxy resin from HIM excels in forceful characteristics:
- High chemical resistance. Floor coatings and systems based on our 2 component epoxy resin can withstand a multitude of chemicals, including mineral oils and fats, cleaning agents, diluted mineral acids, alkalis and a number of hydrocarbons.
- Available in almost every colour. Our floors and floor solutions are developed and manufactured with a quality that you normally expect from lacquers. The floors flow perfectly, forming a dense impermeable substrate.
- Solvent free. Labor conditions are also taken into consideration. The 2-component epoxy resin has a good penetration of and adhesion to the substrate, making solvents unnecessary and no unpleasant smell during application.
- Easy to apply. 2 component epoxy resin has a smooth consistency with a good flow before curing and is therefore easy to apply.
- High pressure, impact and wear resistance. Heavy duty floors require a robust and durable floor system. Pieces and parts of equipment falling on the floor doesn’t mean instant floor damage. The floors can withstand the heaviest loads of machines and / or vehicles.
- Manufactured in accordance with specifications. All HIM products are subject to a strict test regime. Each batch is thoroughly inspected in our own laboratory prior to shipment, to ensure that our products meet the highest quality standards and product characteristics.
Want to know more about our 2-component epoxy resin?
Do you want to know more about our 2-component epoxy resin? Our advisors are happy to help you on your way! For more information, call +31 (0) 251-276300 or send a message via our contact page.
Download product information